After losing my parents and in-laws within a 5 year period, at ages 59-62, I realized that genetically, I probably had not passed down the best future for my children and grandchildren.
I started on a mission to find a way to make lifestyle and dietary changes that would increase my family’s lifespan, and quality of life. I ended up with a Doctorate in Naturopathy at around the same time my middle daughter graduated college and started her family.
Together, we founded Get Healthy as a family business that we believe was to prepare us for the health challenges that she and her children would face.
We learned about products that were safe for life-threatening food allergies, about autoimmune protocols, and found an entire community of like-thinkers that we could support, and who would support our business.
Since that time, we have added a dozen team members, my other daughter joined us as our Web Consultant/Media Relations Director, we have a Director of Social Media, a Spa Attendant, 2 Licensed Massage Therapists, an Assistant Manager, and we all strive to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest in our industry!
We were accepted with open arms from the moment we first opened our doors nearly 10 years ago, and are only looking forward.
Some of the items we carry are as follows:
- Natural and organic groceries
- Local grass-fed beef, pastured pork, chickens and free-range eggs
- Gluten Free and allergen friendly foods
- Paleo and Low Carb/sugar free
- Natural Supplements and Vitamins
- Java Joes Coffee House (Organic Fair-Trade coffees and loose teas)
- Fruit Smoothies and meal replacements
- Wellness Center and Spa (Massage and Naturopathic Services)
- Body Care Products, shampoos, soaps, toothpaste
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils/ Perfume Blending Bar
- 2nd Saturday Live local singers/songwriters 11-1
- Nanowrimo Write In with Free Wifi
- Hair Analysis/Saliva Testing
- Iridology, Reiki, EFT
- Jane Iredale skin care makeup
- Derma E and Mad Hippie Skin Care lines
- Ear candles
- Most important of all: Service with a smile!
107 S. Washington St. in the historic district of Downtown DeRidder, La.
Monday thru Friday 8am to 6pm – Saturdays 9 to 5