Grilled chicken breast is always chosen by those who are on a diet. However, for chickens or any kind of poultry there is always the potential for foodborne illness. So, how to choose chicken and how much to bake at that temperature is crucial to not only the taste but also the safety of the dish for the user.
Food safety information when using chicken
Chicken breast food provides quite a lot of protein with all the necessary amino acids, low fat , no starch. This is quite suitable for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain weight at an ideal level. In 100 grams of chicken breast can provide about 31 grams of protein, 165 kcal, including 33 kcal from fat, 0 grams of starch and a rather high water content of 65.25 grams. In addition, the nutritional component of chicken breast is indispensable that vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6 , phosphorus …
Besides the best nutritional ingredients from chicken, food safety when using chicken is quite important. Because raw chicken as well as processed chicken, the risk factor for microbial infection is very high, including salmonella.
Salmonella bacteria in food cause millions of illnesses and deaths each year. This bacterium is mainly found in raw poultry. It is safe to cook properly, but if these birds are not properly cooked or handled while raw, they can be one of the risk factors for unsafe food. products for users.
All poultry in the US are screened for signs of disease, but this does not mean that they will no longer contain any bacteria. Because different types of poultry will contain many different types of bacteria.
Some tips are used in the handling and processing of chicken breasts:
- When the chicken is frozen for use, it should be thawed slowly in the refrigerator or thawed quickly by placing it in a sealed plastic bag and soaking in tap water.
- Chicken breast baking temperature should be maintained at 177 degrees C for 25 to 30 minutes
- Use a meat thermometer to check that the inside of the center of the chicken breast is about 74 degrees Celsius.
The appropriate temperature and time of grilled chicken breast
The cooking temperature and time for each food is different. However, with chicken it is a little bit different. Chicken with bones, or without bones or other parts such as wings, legs, thighs … will have a suitable temperature and baking time for each type. The temperature and time for baking the chicken breast for how long will be shown below:
- Chicken breast with bones weighing about 170 to 227 grams will be grilled at 177 degrees C for a period of 30 to 40 minutes.
- Chicken breast boneless with a weight of about 114 grams will be grilled at 177 degrees C for a period of 25 to 30 minutes
- Chicken feet or thighs weighing 114 to 227 grams will be baked at 177 degrees C for a period of 40 to 50 minutes
- Chicken thighs weighing 114 grams will be baked at 177 degrees C for a period of 35 to 45 minutes
- Chicken wings with a weight of 57 grams will be baked at 177 degrees C for a period of 20 to 40 minutes
Above is a guide that can help you estimate how long to roast the chicken, but for each type of oven there will be a temperature difference. So when roasting chicken breast, it is necessary to carefully check the internal temperature of the meat to ensure that the meat is cooked, has a delicious taste and is not burned.
To destroy any possible infection, when using poultry as well as chicken, you should lower the inner center temperature of the meat to 74 degrees Celsius. This temperature can be checked by Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
Recipe for grilled chicken breast with honey
Grilled chicken breast with honey will bring you a very attractive dish with delicious taste, sweet and tender meat. To make this dish first and equally important is the choice of chicken breast.
- Chicken breast was chosen for the grill to have white skin, because this is an adult chicken, the chicken may be chewy and delicious. At the same time, testing of the meat’s elasticity shows that the meat has a high elasticity and that the muscles are not soft. However, when choosing chicken breast meat, you should not choose meat pieces with many white stripes, because the more stripes, the lower the content of nutrients such as fat and protein . Moreover, when seasoning to grill meat, it is more difficult to absorb spices.
- Pre-cook the chicken with salt by rubbing the entire piece of chicken breast with salt and ginger ale. This will help clean the meat while eliminating the fishy smell.
- Chicken breast marinade: Use a mixture of soy sauce, minced garlic, minced onion, satay and honey to marinate the chicken breast for 30 minutes to allow the meat to evenly infuse the spices.
- Next will start the oven and cook the chicken breasts as recommended above.
Some common misconceptions when processing chicken
When choosing chicken breast for cooking, do not rely on the appearance of the meat to determine its safety. You should be cautious of cross-contamination if you cut the chicken to examine its surface. When raw poultry comes into contact with the surface of a processing tool, such as a knife, or even your hand, it can leave bacteria and infect other sites.
These bacteria can be transferred from one surface to another and can be stored in raw dishes like salads or on food containers such as bowls, plates, spoons …
Some ways to help limit infection:
- Surfaces that come in contact with raw poultry should first be thoroughly washed and disinfected.
- Meat should be cleaned and kept in sealed bags and then frozen .
- Chicken breast or chicken generally should be cooked immediately after thawing. Because, there are many bacteria that have the ability to grow on raw meat between 4 and 60 degrees Celsius.
- Best cooked chicken breasts should be refrigerated for about two hours after cooking. Leftover chicken can be safe to eat for about 2-3 days.
- Once you know how to roast boneless chicken breast , you can apply it to make an attractive dish, treat family and friends on special occasions.
Finished chicken breast with honey baked in the oven will bring out a very seductive aroma. The sauce is golden on the outside and the inside of the chicken is tender and sweet.